Boho Chic Clothing Style
Posted on January 04 2016
The Boho Chic Clothing style is characterized as having a free-spirit aura because of the fashion's association with nature, earth-tone colors and the comfortable feeling of donning the style itself. It is also loosely associated with hippie culture in terms of looks however, boho is purely on aesthetics and style while hippie is a political movement with its free.
To successfully emulate the style of Boho Chic Clothing, here is a list of must-have pieces in your wardrobe.
- A maxi skirt is definitely a head-turner. Plus, it also makes your legs appear longer. Pick out simple and solid-colored ones. This is easy to pair with a graphic-shirt for your top.
- Floral-printed, geometric-patterned and ethnic-inspired Maxi dress is a must-have too. You just have to layer it with another piece of apparel to add some attitude to it.
- Dig up your old flared jeans that was in style almost a decade ago. It is best to top with a short tunic dress.
- Tunic tops/dresses is pretty much a staple item on the boho chic-list.
- Vests are incredibly cool because it adds flavor to your overall outfit. Denim vests can be layered to almost anything-- a shirt or a maxi dress. Crocheted and lacy vests also give the boho chic vibe.
- Earth-toned ankle boots is a signature boho footwear. Those that are loose-ankled are perfect for wearing with short skirts or slipping in your skinny jeans. Go for more fitted ankles when wearing maxi skirts. Recommended height of the heels should not be too high because comfort is a huge element to this style.
- Gladiator sandals is the alternative to flipflops. It is light and easy yet sleek and stylish.
- Hats go handy for summer, going outdoors, picnics and more. Try the straw hats and floppy brimmed felt hats.
- Flower Crowns are just insanely popular especially for music festivals and outdoor concerts. You'll never see at least five people not wearing flower crowns. It's usually DIY but can also be bought from arts and crafts shops.
- Headbands and Headwraps worn across the forehead and much like a halo adds embellishment to the style. No need for complicated hairstyling as these can be worn even with a somewhat messy hair-do.
- The more unique and rare the accessory is, the better. Grab those big dangling earrings, oversized hoops, long hanging feathers, beaded bracelets and necklaces, dreamcatcher necklace, wood or metal-made materials, and charm stones.
- Big sunny glasses has become a bohemian staple too. Look for a style that matches the shape of your face. There's the classic round and wired John Lennon-esque sunnies too.
- Hippie Chic purses – distressed leather or cloth, suede or fringe, canvass messenger bags, oversized and floppy purses-- so long as they are earth-toned, then it's all good!
- Scarves accentuate your look. Plus, it can also function differently as you like them to be! It can be a belt, a head-cover, a body-cover, a make-shift bag, and even as a layering topwear! There are so many ways to tie, fold and pin big scarves to make it multi-functional!
Bonus tip: It's also about balance. If you have a pattern-printed top, layer it with something plain-colored and do away with too much intricacy. If you have a baggy or loose top, wear tight, skinny, or leg-hugging pants. It's all up to your personal style, really. And most importantly, you are having bohemian fun with Boho Chic Clothing!
J.D. LUXE PHONE: (310) 579-2978
FLAG SHIP STORE
WESTFIELD @THE VILLAGE 6260 TOPANGA CANYON BLVD.
WOODLAND HILLS, CA
J.D. LUXE STORE HOURS: MONDAY - SATURDAY 10-9PM SUNDAY 11-7PM